Blogger templates

Sunday 13 April 2014

A String Of Badluck

Hey everyone!

Anybody noticed that I had came up with two posts within a week? Yeap, I did that. Wanna play a guessing game? No? That's okay, I tell you people anyway. I finally got a whole set of computer installed at this new home. Ain't I the lucky one.

So, since I am feeling bubbly and full of enthusiasm, I suddenly had these overwhelming rush of ideas ready to be shared with you guys. But before I really fall into it, let me share a string of bad luck that happened to me in the last few days.

First, last Wednesday (2nd.Apr) as we (Sara, Sophie & I) were coming back from dinner, a reckless lorry driver had knocked us side ways and nearly broke my side mirror. It happened when we had just got through the toll gate. Idiot! We can't do anything as it was raining and the traffic were, well as usual, horrible. So I let him go unpunished.

A week later (9th.April), I was locked out in my bathroom. The stupid door got jammed. Don't laugh, guys! I am dead serious. To make things worst, there was no men in the house. My husband and the two boys were in the island. Lucky thing the two girls were at home with me. It wasn't that nightmarish, instead it was something of a McGyverish kind of situation. The two girls were trying hard to prise open the jammed door. Sophie did what we always watch on TV. Using her side shoulder she took a step back and used all her energy and rammed onto the door. It didn't budge one bit. Poor her, she got sore shoulder the next day. Next both of them used a hammer and smashed the door knob. The door knob ruined but the door was still intact. I thought of lightening things up by making a weak voice, " Help, I can't breathe inside here". The moment I hear them simultaneously said, "Ma open the little window and stand back. Breathe slowly", I felt bad. Here they are trying hard to rescue me and I am cracking a lame joke which worried them badly. I shout back and say sorry, I was just kidding, trying not to make you guys panic.We thought of calling for help from the neighbours, but one can imagine the state I am in at that particular moment.
Finally Sophie kicked the door a few times with all her might and there I am, smiling down my appreciation to both of them for being the true heroes. That's my girls!

And yesterday (12th,April), the three of us had to be in Kuala Lumpur. Instead of driving, I decided we take a train for a change. I had enough of driving in this horrific traffic. Sophie is the master when it comes to train schedule and changing platforms. But we had to part ways as she had a meeting with her exchange student group. So that left the two of us (Sara and I) on our own. After Sophie left, we ventured on our own and did what we had to do. Close to lunch time, we hopped on another train that were to take us to MidValley Mall. I figured when Sophie were done with her meeting, she could join us half way.
What we didn't know was, upon reaching the central station, we had to switch train that will take us to the mall.  We sat through the trip until we heard the computerised voice on the train announced that we were reaching Angkasapuri. A station just after where we were supposed to stop. Both of us looked at one another and smiled. Uh oh..We missed our stop. We called Sophie and told her about our predicament. Wisely she told us to use the same ticket and return to the central station and changed to Platform 6. We did just that and arrived happily at our destination.

Inside the train, on our way home, (this time Sophie was with us), we were sitting in a coach for ladies only. Written boldly in bright pink and an illustration of a lady in dress "For Ladies Only". Somehow 2 creepy guys walked in and sat casually on the seat parallel to us. Later on two more walked in. I am not being biased but by the way they dressed, they could be legal immigrant and looked like construction workers. What with the increased in crime rate nowadays, one can never be too careful.
We sat in an L shape position, meaning we had to turn our head sideway to see them whereas they had a clear view to look at us.
After a while, Sophie whispered to me one guy was staring at her intently. Then, on my right, Sara whispered the same thing to me. I looked at the guy and he didn't even flinch. I thought of going over to ask them to leave the coach and moved to general coach. But Sophie was quick to stop me afraid that they might do something to us since there were four of them and the ladies coach was relatively empty except for us and a young girl opposite us.
We sat through talking animatedly and pretended to ignore them. But it's troubling us knowing that we were being watched and the distance was not too far. I turned my face slightly to see if he got bored looking at our direction but no, he wasn't. He stared back at me with a little smile at the corner of his mouth. That was creepy.
Thank God when we finally heard our stop was next. Once the train stopped, all four of the creepers got up from their seats too. We let them walked by first. Upon passing us, that one particular guy gave a penetrating look towards Sara's direction. She gripped my arm tightly.
We waited until they were gone before we finally walked over to our parked car and went home exhausted both from walking around a lot and from the incidences we went through.

Here's the latest mishap. I posted this post on April 13th. but this misfortune happened on the 25th.April, meaning I had just updated this entry on the 14th.April. I took my shower at about 19:15hrs.(again it happened in the bathroom, what's with me and the bathroom?). As I was about to come out, I suddenly slipped and fell on my back. My right hand tried to reach the doorknob but it happened way too fast. I fell harshly on the floor. My head knocked a little on the toilet bowl but it was nothing. However my left palm was hurt badly probably because I was trying to balance my weight. I was terribly worried about my hip since my hip was the weakest. This time around my husband was here, together with the two girls they lifted me up and dressed me up and massage slowly both at my hand and hip. I must have fell badly since Sophie who was in the other side of the room can here the fall. Sara was in the room next to the bathroom, so she was quick to arrive. I can hear her voice wavered, probably worried about my condition. Poor them, always have to worry about me but as you all may know, I am a strong woman, so I'll make it.

Sophie had started her final semester on the 7th.April. On Tuesday ( 8th.April), her class was to be at 0800hrs. We agreed that I don't need to send her all the way since it will take me more than an hour to reach there. The best alternative was for her to take the train. Thus on Tuesday, both of us woke up at about 5.45am and get ready to go to the train station. I was hurrying Sophie as the time showed a few minutes to six. We left in a hurry and got to the elevator. The elevator came up fast since it was still quite early. We got in and pressed G. The door came to a close but suddenly it opened. Again when it was about to close, it opened again. Sophie looked at me and gestured for me to take the stairs. As we came out from the elevator, I said out loud laughingly, we are not in the mood to play any game at this moment, we're running late. Both of us were still laughing when we reached the ground floor and the elevator reached at the same time with the door opened.
Whoa! That was totally creepy but we shook off the thought of anything paranormal activities at that time since we need to rush to the train station.

That's what I will share with you guys in my next entry, the paranormal incidences. For today, let us have some funny and not so funny moments of my days to brighten up your day. Till then, have a great day wherever you are. Be safe everyone.

Love,
Rose
13th.April'14




No comments:

Post a Comment