Blogger templates

Wednesday 4 December 2013

My Busy Weeks


                                           

Hello people,

What a hectic month it has been for me. Ramadhan comes and goes. Praise be to God for we had succeeded in completing the fasting month with patience and sincerity.

I had to be in Penang for my radiotheraphy treatment for three weeks. That means for 3 weeks I had to stay with my sister as her place is the closest to the hospital. Thanks to her and her family for their hospitality.

I drive daily from my sister's place to the hospital via expressway and Penang bridge which takes about 40 minutes to get there. I brought my 12 year old car (it has been  good to me all these while) to mainland for easy accessibility.

My final treatment was on the 16th.Aug. By 10:30am I am done. I am amazed with myself that I can still drive on my own right after my radiotherapy treatment. Doctors had advised I will feel slightly nauseous and headaches after the treatment. But I feel just fine. On top of that I can still fasting. (no drinks and eating from dawn to dusk)
So, right after the treatment, we, Sophie and I, drove straight from Penang Island to Kuala Kedah (took us about one and a half hour) to board a ferry that will take us to Langkawi Island.
Upon reaching home, I didn't have much time to laze around. The "Eid" is just 3 days away. Had to get myself to the wet market in the evening for some fresh meat, chicken, veges and other necessities. Being one of the islanders, we rely on food sources from mainland. That means during festive seasons, the tow boat or cargo boat will cease their operations for a few days. That is why I had to buy all those aplenty, enough to last us for a week. On top of that, I had given my words to the kids that I'll prepare some food for their school friends during Raya/Eid open house. For those who doesn't live in Malaysia, open house is a term we use during festive seasons where we cook a variety of festive meals and everyone and anyone can come uninvited to sample the food, but usually friends and families are the only ones who will stop by. Rest assured, even when there was no more food left, the host would still come out with some drinks and cookies for their guests.
The house needed some serious spring cleaning. I leave that to my husband. My job is to cook and the girls will help me with it.

The big day came and everything worked out nicely. There were about forty to fifty friends of theirs turned up.The food was plentiful and the sky turned out to be clear and blue. We would usually go for Eid special prayer at the nearest mosque in the morning but since we were having an open house, I missed out that particular prayer as I do not have enough time at hand.

The next day, we left Langkawi by the last ferry to get to Kuala Lumpur as Sophie will start her college life on the 22nd.Aug. Upon reaching Kuala Kedah, we met the guy who'd been good enough to look after our car for the past few days. Suddenly, the car refused to start. My husband tried a few times when at last it  started revving up.Oh my..let's hope it will bring us through 400 something kilometer safely.

We left Kuala Kedah about 10pm and stopped at almost every R & R (rest n relax) to while away the time so that we'll reach K.L not too early in the morning. We got there at 09:30am in one piece. The car worked wonders considering it's age and the long trip. The fatiqueness is catching up on us,especially me.  We checked into the hotel and the four of us just pulled the blankets and sleep away until after 2pm. Only then we went out to look for some food.

The next morning, we were busy with Sophie's registration and a briefing for student's parents conducted by the college officers. Finally we were free in the evening. Grab some food for dinner and head to bed early.
We planned to leave K.L early in the morning, like 5am. But we can only planned as this time our car refused to start at all. It was late and we had no choice but to leave the car where it was. We'll find a mechanic by tommorrow.
It turned out that the fuel pump was at faulty. The car had to be towed to the nearest garage. The car was ready by 1.30pm. We had to fork out RM540.00 for that stupid pump. Urggh..I need to visit a spa..pronto..

As we were about to leave this place, my heart is sinking. Sinking deep. I am missing my girl. She were to be left alone again. It's tearing me apart. I love having her with me and together with her baby sister, Sara we make a good team. Sophie called us The Three Musketeers. All For One and One for All..tagline for these trio was applicable to us as well.

When finally we got home to Langkawi, I was an absolute wreck. My legs were kind of wobbly and my back was hurting so much. I left all those dirty laundry until the next day and all that I wanna do is sleep,sleep and more sleep.

I am missing her so much that it hurts. Whenever she called and said she missed me and that she wanted to snuggle next to me, I cried. Whenever she said she hasn't had her lunch yet, I cried. What is wrong with me? She fared well the time when she were in the U.S for 6 months and now I am crying when she was just a few hours away from home? Silly me. I guess I am crying because this time she will not be returning home like she used to. This time around, she will only stay for a while coz right after graduation, she'll be starting to live a full life of a grown up, that means working. I am missing the moment when the three of us together. we will talk about everything under the sun, from weather to food to boyfriends and even politics. I am missing those quality talks with her and soon her little sister,Sara, will follow her footstep.

We,the parents, I am sure, share the same heart-breaking feeling,when they left home, the same sadness when the house went quiet without their laughter and the same loss when their finally lead their own lives without needing us to guide them any more.

Whatever it is, I am proud of my daughter. She may looked fragile and a softie but she's got a strong heart. She'll survive no matter where she is. I will always love you no matter what.

Okay, that's it for today. I am writing to let every body out there to know how hectic my life had been for the past month..ha..ha..as if anybody would care. Whatever it is..enjoy life while you can..

Bye for now,
Rose 28th.Aug '12

No comments:

Post a Comment