Blogger templates

Wednesday 16 October 2013

The men in my life (Part 1)


Good morning everybody,

How's thing with you guys today? The boss is being good to you? You got a wind that there might be a promotion waiting for you? Good for you. We need some kind of perks every now and then to boost our lives.

Me? I have everything I want and happy with my life as it is. What  I like the most now is that I don't have to rush getting ready for work and to meet the ever-present deadline and I don't have to find excuses whenever I don't have the suppliers payment ready as promised. I totally enjoyed it, I mean  with my life currently.

The past years had seen me and my family in the dark side of life. We had too many unfortunate event transpired the previous years. I thank Him for giving me strength and created me and made me what I am today. Physically I am a woman but I know I have the head of a man. And I am blessed that I am surrounded with all the the good and real men that is hard to find nowadays.

They all have their drawback but that what makes them endearing. Men in my life consist of grandpa, father,husband, brothers,sons, uncles and friends.
I will start with my grandfather. He was a small man , a farmer and slightly a stern person. But since I lived with him since I was a baby, I became one of his favourite persons. He didn't show it as much but I knew it all the same. His own children didn't communicate well with him. I felt sorry for him whenever he was treated that way. He loved each and everyone of us but he was not a man of emotions. He didn't know how to show it.To me, he was an intelligent person. It's a shame that he didn't live in this era. Otherwise he could have been a somebody. He was able to read and write very well and he spoke one of Chinese dialect. From him I learned to be a person who worked well without any help around. He even taught me how to catch a snake using a coconut leaf-bone.

Then, came my father. He too was an intelligent person. He spoke very good English, very good Tamil and very good Hokkien (one of Chinese dialect). He was a trucker who worked non-stop to feed the eight of us, his children plus my mom.To this day, I don't understand why he didn't end up in any corporate office or became a manager or a chief officer, for that matter, in any kind of corporate world. He can be the best father in the world and at the same time he can be mean too. He was a very good cook. Every sunday, if he was free from work, he'd cook for us. He'd be in the kitchen and called out our names to ask what do we want to eat. He obliged our wishes and cooked for us. I was closer to him than I did to my mom.
 I learned two significant things from my dad. One, he'd listen to your story attentively even though he'd heard it before. He made you think that was the first time he heard the story. Two,  he didn't get influenced easily.One may come and tell him stories about one of his boys being bad somewhere. He didn't blow up right away, instead he kept it to himself and investigate before taking any action. And when he took action, boy, you wouldn't want to be that person.
Then I got married to my husband. He was my first love. I was a shy person years ago, remember? Ever heard a line saying "a thin line between love and hate". That's how I felt towards him before. Believe it or not, here, on this very island was where we first met. I hate him then because he was a short tempered person. He doesn't have patience to teach me (we were in the same department, front office) and he would throw things or speak harshly whenever I can't follow what he was saying.
Then we got married. Like every normal married couple, we went through our ups and downs during our marriage. Well what do you expect? We've been married for 25 years (this month on the 22nd. will be our 25th year anniversary). Before that we dated for about five years. All in all we've been together for almost thirty years. Amazed? I am too, considering both of us are hard headed. Both of us are Taurean and our birthdays fall on 16th and 17th.May. Fated? Destined? Most probably.
He was someone who cared for his family and never run away from his responsibility.

I had to  stop now as I need to do something urgently. Will continue with the second parts soon. Have a nice day everybody. Keep smiling!

Love,
Rose
17th.Oct '13

No comments:

Post a Comment