Blogger templates

Friday 17 January 2014

Goodbye Langkawi!


Anybody missing me for the past couple of weeks or so? Guess what.. I had moved. Yes, moved as in moved out from one place to another.
I had moved out from my beloved island of Langkawi to Selangor, a state linked to Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia. It was one of the saddest moment in my life. I had lived in the island for almost 20 years. The same age as Sophie.

Soon after we got back from our holiday in Jogjakarta, we started packing. I only packed some personal belongings such as my cooking stuff, pillows and blankets and a few other things as the house we'd chosen had everything complete. Thus other stuff was left back home in Langkawi. Besides, my two boys and my husband will still be there.

I left Langkawi on the 5th.January '14. We took the 11am boat and reached the mainland by 12.00pm.
It tore my heart to leave my two boys alone back there even though they are adult enough to be on their own. Ariff is turning 25 this year whereas Soffian will be 22. And yet I hugged and hold them tight and held them like I never wanted to let them go when they see me off at the ferry terminal. I cried like a baby. Seeing me in that state, Ariff sobbed and shed tears and hugged me tightly. We became the centre of attention for that few moments. I couldn't care less about that. I was deep in my own feelings.

I first thought of moving out from the island a couple of years ago, but I wasn't certain about it just yet. The reason (to move) became apparent for me after Sophie got an offer from one of Malaysia's TV network to do her intern-ship there. That makes us thinking whether to move or not to move. She doesn't possess a driving license yet since she was always under some kind of commitment all these while. My husband and I got into a discussion and decided it was time for us to move, for Sophie and for us as well. We all need a new life. We'll start a new life in a new place. There's no harm in trying out new thing.

It has now been two weeks since we moved here. I am feeling quite at home now. It's a beautiful place. Our new home was surrounded by a lake and malay village. It ceased a little sadness from within me since this place reminds me of Langkawi.
From where I lived now to the heart of Malaysia took me only about 40 minutes.I liked it here. The only missing element is the ocean. I want to be surrounded by the ocean. Oh well, the lake will do.

There's one thing I like here. The people. Very nice and sweet people. So far we've met friendly neighbours, friendly man on the street and even the food handlers were very welcoming.
There's something else that made me missed Langkawi, fresh fish. You think it's funny? No, it's not. I am dead serious when I am talking about fish. Look back in my previous entry,  To Leave Or Not To Leave , in that entry I wrote, if I were to leave Langkawi, I'd find a place close to the beach. See how serious I was? Okay, back to the fish topic, it's been more than a week since I last bought some fish here. Bad and stale fish! I can't bring myself to buy that kind of fish. That type of fish wouldn't even made it's way to the wet market if it's back in Langkawi. I finally found some edible fish in one of the leading malls in Malaysia, ironic, don't you think?

And so, I've made up my mind, I will drive up to a place called Kuala Selangor every weekend to get my stock of fresh fish. It's a fishing village and it 'd take me about half an hour to get there.

That's fish topic. Now let's get into traffic congestion topic. This might be one of the reasons why I was reluctant prior to moving up here, since Kuala Lumpur was known for it's heavy congestion. A few days ago I went to the nearest town next to where I lived, it's about eight km away. The drive was suppose to take not more than 10 minutes but I got stuck in the jam for about half an hour. Urghh...

It has been two weeks now and I don't know if I can adapt to the new place called home. I truly hope I will and yet, I can't rule out the possibility of me going back to Langkawi to spend my old age there.
Pray for me people...

Have a great evening wherever you are and stay healthy everybody!

Love
Rose
18th.January '14


No comments:

Post a Comment