Blogger templates

Friday 9 August 2013

Sneak Peek at our Chiang Mai Holiday

Hello all,

 Yesterday was the first day of Eid, Muslim all over the world celebrated  their victory after a month of fasting. All of us except for Soffian is currently in Chiang Mai, Thailand, first time celebrating Eid in a foreign land. Will update my blog once we're back in Langkawi.
I actually miss home during this time of the year. The shopping for new clothes for the children, the spring cleaning, the last minute cooking and the Eid prayer in the morning.

We decided to spend our Eid here in Chiang Mai since both my parents are gone. Just wanna share some fun trivia with you readers before writing the actual post.

While on our way back from the mountain to the hotel, Ariff (my eldest son) said, "Ma look at that shop. it says teeth whitening." I tried to be funny and said to him, " Oh good, you could use one."
Very sweetly he replied, " Yeah it's good  that they can do something for the teeth,  but I didn't see any shop that can make our skin fairer."  I smacked him hard on the back while our chauffer, Khui Khun turned to look at us wondering what was going on. Ting! Round one Ariff won.

On our  first day of breakfast, as we were sitting on the terrace enjoying a vast selection of food, again,Ariff, said he had to ease himself . The two girls were making remarks of how disgusting he was. He couldn't be bothered with them and made his way to the washroom. Ten minutes later, he came back and continued with his breakfast as if nothing. Then he started, "As I was doing my thing , I don't know what happened, there was a black out. Right at the same time, my watch fell off.  I was groping everywhere for the watch and  I couldn't move much as I am still on the bowl. To make matter worst, I can't find either the wipes or the water. "
He didn't have to finish his story as we were laughing so hard that everyone around the table was looking at us. The girls were like, eeww you're so disgusting. I am trying to have some breakfast here. But they finished it all the same.

Will update something else tommorrow. Ciao for now.

Rose 9th.Aug '13


No comments:

Post a Comment