Blogger templates

Monday 26 August 2013

Chiang Mai (Part 2)

I am back! Anybody missing my blog yet? Hope some of you does.
I am all dried up for new ideas on what to write. Can I continue on a little bit more about Chiang Mai? Please don't get bored. I promised the next entry will be about something else.

Any  way, I had promised to write the second part about Chiang Mai, so here it is. This time I will tell the story based on the pictures below.




This is Hmong Hill Tribe village. One of the many tribes in Thailand.Can you see a guy squatting on the perch of the man-made steps to the house. Ariff was photographing the house directly in the picture when this sweet guy waved for me to go over to him. I called Ariff  to come over and together we walked over to him. He then indicated to a house next door. We thought he was showing us to go further to see more of their village but then he waved again to me inviting me to go inside his house.
Writer with Hmong villager
This is where he lives. I was slightly taken aback by what I had seen. The place doesn't fit for any human to live. There wasn't anything decent inside the house that I can see. Right where we were standing was a little gasoline stove. I remembered my grandma used it about thirty years ago. What I find appealing was the way he invited us to visit his home and being a good host even though both of us were only using sign language. Thank you sir for having me at your home.



Thailand is famous for its massage. Every where you turned, there definitely be a massage shops or spa. And its cheap. Take a look at the picture above. This one is right in the open at the main entrance of a shopping mall. I mean, as much as I love being massaged, I wouldn't want to be seen in public cringing with pain or legs being pulled right in the open for all to see. But who am I to judge. As you can see for yourself, people thronged to these kind of places any time any day.


Here's another thing I like about the Thais. They are a bunch of diligent people. They worked like there's no tomorrow. They sell everything there is to sell. Some were things we never thought could sell. When we were at Doi Suthep (a winter palace for King of Thailand) as my husband and I was waiting for the children to come down from wherever they were at that time, there was this lady who opens a food stall a few meters away from where we were sitting. Since there was nobody in her stall at that time, she walked over to some potential customers (and that include us) and offered to sell her sweet cakes to us all. What a lady! I salute you ma'am.


This is my masseuse. Her name is Lak. Do you know why I asked Ariff to photograph her? Simply because she was a great masseuse. Their shop was next to our hotel. There was one morning after cycling, I think and we were quite free and I said I wanted to get massage. Surprisingly, everybody wanted to come along. Ended up all five of us sat in a row and get ourselves massage. Mine was the best but then, probably I bring out the best in her since I always get myself massage at home so I know what I want when I am being massaged. For about USD 6.00 one can enjoy thoroughly being pampered for one hour. Later in the evening I came back (I had booked her after my first massage) and asked for a Thai massage. For one and a half hour I paid ten USD. It was worth my while.


This is the famous night bazaar in Chiang Mai. We were there quite early and the activities was not in full swing yet. But still, it was interesting to see the many bizarre items being sold and crafts,pickles, fake leathers, shoes, food, T-Shirts or whatever you have in mind. Chances are, you might find what you are looking for.

Well, that's all for today. Hope you enjoy the pictures and the little write up about this beautiful old city.
Have fun people.

Lots of love,
Rose
26th.August '13

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete