Blogger templates

Thursday 5 March 2015

I Want Peace And A Safe World


Hello people,

When I was still living in Langkawi, I never bothered much about safety. That is because the crime rate in the island is significantly low. I am an uncomplicated person. I take things easy, I think simple and I do things even simpler.

What I am trying to say is, it's a totally different world altogether out here compared to where I lived before. Back in Langkawi, I could walk into a grocery store and leave my car with the engine running for 15 minutes without being stolen or tampered with.
The girls would sometime go out with their friends for a movie and I don't feel much alarm if they were a little late.
The boys would sometime sneaked home well after midnight, and I can say that I don't really worry about their whereabouts.
I can even let my door open even after 9p.m.

Now here, where I live currently, I can't say the same. Maybe because I am still not used to living in the big city but hey, crime happened whether one is used to it or not, right?

Let me share some of the things that happened that made me cautious than ever. Last year, my husband parked the company car right in front of their property. The next morning when he came for work, he found out the car was gone. He thought one of the staff had taken the car to run errant but they later realized the car key was still in the drawer.The car was stolen and never found to this day.

I was taking care of my sister's souvenir shop when an elderly Indian couple walked into the shop. The lady came up directly to me and asked, "Can you spare me RM10.00?"
What do you think I would do? Refused? No, of course I obliged. Do you know why? Because her husband was standing just outside the glass door holding a long stick in his hand.

At one time Sara, Sophie and I were inside the train from the main station in Kuala Lumpur to Seremban. We were on our way sending Sara back to her college. I thought it would be fun to right in a train for a long trip. We chose the coach meant for ladies only. But as usual, some creatures from the opposite sex just couldn't understand what it means when it said for ladies only.
The train stopped at this station and people get on and off. Suddenly one older guy (maybe about my age) walked into the coach that we're in. Of all the seats there were in the coach, he chose to sit next to us. He stinks terribly and he looked like someone who is losing it. Sophie crouched against the seat and Sara leaned close to me. Suddenly this guy who was holding a plastic container filled with some lime juice, I think, throw it into the air and kicked next to our face. The water splash all over the coach. Lucky thing he didn't aim directly towards us. He was furious because he knew we didn't like his presence in that coach.

Sophie's office mate parked her car along the road side. Going home later in the evening, she found her car missing. It was gone..missing.

I never left my car engine running like I used to, even for a few minutes. I turned off the engine, locked the door and then I do what I had to do.

My house was always locked day and night. I felt crammed. I need to live like a normal human being. I need fresh air!

I am constantly worrying when Sophie is driving on her own. The con men, the bad guys, the thief are out there waiting for some open opportunity to take on innocent unsuspecting preys.

What is becoming to the world? I wish we could turn the clock back to the time when we were in the 70's. Back then, we can even sleep with our windows open. And in the morning, I can walk alone on my own to the school passing by some rubber estates and quiet road. No rapists and no kidnappers back then. Even if there were, it wasn't as rampant as what we're facing now.

There is no peace in my mind nowadays. I am constantly worrying about everyone's safety and my safety. Most of the time, I am driving alone. I know accident/incident happens anywhere but one can never be too careful about it.

Well, let's hope and pray, this year will be a better year for everybody!
Have a save day and be happy people!

Rose
5th.Mar '15

No comments:

Post a Comment