Blogger templates

Saturday 23 August 2014

MH 17 - In Memory




Hello all,

Yesterday, Malaysia has declared the National day for mourning for the crashed Malaysia Airline carrier, the MH 17. The plane crashed  after being shot down (within Ukraine air space) on July 17th.

The found bodies (or part of the bodies)  from the crash site of those on board made it's way back (from the Dutch Land) yesterday arriving Malaysia about ten something in the morning. Malaysians were called to observe a one minute of silence in honour to the victims.

I don't usually pay much attention or give much thought about what's going on around me, but yesterday I was with thousands of others paying a minute of silence in memory to those who lost their lives in the crash. Even though I wasn't at the appointed venue (where the bodies were), I felt obligated to share my sorrow with  many others by donning on my black pants and blouse. I did that and read a little prayer for all. Amen.

I may never or can never fathom what's inside the mind of the family members who had lost their loved ones on that tragic day. What I can say is, life is too short. We are here today, healthy and chirpy, but who knows what tomorrow brings.

Embedded image permalink

When I saw this picture and what the little boy said, I cried like a baby. His mother was the leading stewardess in that fateful flight. He sat slumped next to the coffin and begged " Please let me see my mom's face for one last time".  He never got the chance to do that and I personally agree that he was not granted the wish. It would be too traumatic for a little child to witness his mother's body, of which we have no way of knowing the state the body was in. He is ten and at the age where a mom's attention and care were very much craved for. Be strong little one, may Allah be with you.

The second picture was that of a nine month old baby name Abderrahman. He may not know what's going on around him but he stole the heart of many with his innocent look. His father, a co pilot was one of the victims.

View image on Twitter
Abderrahman being carried by one of his dad's colleagues during the prayer
Seen here, he was being carried by his late father's colleague during the prayer for the deceased. In the picture below, the little angel was seen sleeping contentedly clutching to his dad's uniform.

                                View image on Twitter

The heart wrenching scene and the sorrow the involved families had to go through was agonizing. I am certain each and every one of us had at one time or another received the unwelcome news of losing someone we loved. But most of us lost our loved ones in a usually "acceptable" death such as death from old age or death from a chronic disease of which we kind of anticipate it prior to the death itself., even though it still hurt badly.
When I watched the live telecast of the proceeding of the bodies upon their returning to the homeland, tears strolled unchecked. I thought to myself, not even one of the victims were any one I knew, yet I was choked with emotion and my heart went out to the family members.

The deceased had been dealt with full respect and may they be at a better place now. It's the survived family members that had to go through these difficult period.
How are they to face tomorrow?
A child who lost his mom or dad. He needed her consolation and that warm hug that says everything will be alright, we are here for you.
A wife that will be alone bringing up a baby on her own.
A father who lost his son. He may have thought at one point, "It should be me instead of him".
A mother whose love for their children can never be measured with anything in this world. She may be breathing but  a big gaping hole inside her will never be cured.

As for us, we are here, still having the chance to be with our loved ones. Therefore, we should treasure all those that were close to us, with unconditional love. Love them the way it should be.
Our families, they knew us like the back of their hands. By a slight twitch of the mouth, we knew what he or she meant.
We knew the way our sons act when he lied.
We knew what our husband felt, when his face turned dark.
We knew what our daughter wants when she kept peeking at you.

I know it wasn't easy to be nice at all time but let's try being nice half of the time, I am sure that would be acceptable. The other half time can be allocated to being cranky, angry and last but not  least nagging. Favourite pastime for mothers and women. Don't get me wrong! Nagging creates good qualities in our children. Just don't overdo it. You might lose your husband if you're not too careful about it.

I end this entry with Al Fatihah for the Muslims and Rest in Peace for all the other victims. My heart goes out to the families. Stay strong and lets pray for their happiness in the other world.

God Bless everybody and have a safe day every one.

Rose
23rd.August '14

No comments:

Post a Comment