Blogger templates

Monday 3 March 2014

My New Life in A New Place

Hello all,

Believe it or not, I am still missing Langkawi? I still can't get adjusted well to this new place called home. I mean, I like the house all right, but it's just not my old home. I missed the sound of the ocean wave and the green of the mountain that I am so used to.

It has now been two months since we moved up here in Selangor. Both Sophie and Sara are still working. Sara is doing a part time job at one of the leading book-stores in Malaysia while Sophie is still under intern ship at one of the T.V networks. Both of them are in the same building. Both of them start at 0900hrs and end their day by 18:00 and 18:15hrs respectively. I had planned it in such a way so that I can send and fetch them all at one time.
The distance from our home to their working place was about 28 kilometer and if we were still in Langkawi, that will only take me about 20 minutes (normal driving). But now, here in this city it will take at least forty five minutes and if it's Monday, it's worse. Twice we got stuck in the massive traffic for more than two hours. And I am driving manually! I can't pulled my leg at all from the clutch.
And I am telling you, every morning we left home at 06:45am in the hope that we won't get stuck in the traffic. Well, we can keep on dreaming. So, to keep ourselves sane, we usually sing out loud incoherently or we make fun at other road users just to keep our morning bearable. And for breakfast, I usually prepare some light meals at home and placed in two separate lunch boxes for them both with a thermos that I filled up with some hot tea. They will either have it inside the moving car or if we are lucky enough to reach earlier than usual, I will park the car under a shady tree and they will have it there.

There was one time when we were caught in a flash flood while on our way to fetch Sara from work. Sophie had a day off on that day. At first we thought it was the usual traffic congestion but I slowly began to realize that we are heading towards the flood. No wonder little cars were easing their way out of the main stream. It was too late for me to ease out as we were sandwiched from both sides by the lorries and the MPVs. We braced ourselves and hoped for the best and... we did it. We passed through the flood unscathed. That was quite a scary moment, for us at least.

Many had asked me what do I do at home now that I am at a foreign place with no visible job whatsoever. Everybody was wondering how I spend my day at home. My answer is, first of all, I am enjoying every minute of it and second I don't have much time left to feel bored. I always have something on hand that required my attention. Plus, I get to see my big sister who lives twenty minutes away from me. She's usually free on Monday. After dropping off the girls at their working place, I drove straight to my sisters' and I will have my breakfast at her place. She's got a huge back yard that got all sorts of herbal plants and spices. I got my supplies from there.
On any other days, I drive on my own trying to skill myself with routes and different directions around my area. I even get to visit some of my long lost friends who reside here since they moved out from the island.
On some other days, I will be on my way paying utility bills and on most days I stay at home cleaning and cooking for the three of us.
Our little tourism business is still going on and I have to keep updating all the paper work via my computer.
Not forgetting my blog writing. Though I lapsed for the last couple of weeks or so due to my mood swing. Even now as I am writing this, I thought of penning off but Sara who was sitting next to me was quick to point out that I was being lazy. It's not so much of being lazy alone, it's the heat as well. For the past one and a half month, some states in Malaysia is experiencing a hot spell that threaten to stretch out until end of this month. As if the heat wasn't enough, we had to bear the haze that is rising to an unhealthy index.

If I were to describe my daily routine, I would've say I have no time to sit back and relax, instead I am much more occupied than I ever was while in Langkawi. Oh, there's something else that I am proud of.  Myself I mean. I drove all the way into Kuala Lumpur, the cosmopolitan city, on my own. How's that for a fifty year old woman? Yesterday, Soffian was going back to Langkawi (he was here visiting us for a week), so I had to send him to the airport. On our way back home, Sophie had to meet up her friends to discuss something about their college projects in the heart of Kuala Lumpur itself. By the way, I can't use the GPS as it's broken. We drove following the road signs and later dropped Sophie at one of the light train station. From there Sara and me had to find our own way. We looked out for parking signs for KLCC ( one of Kuala Lumpur's prestigious malls) and guess what? Yeap, we found it and with not so much difficulty. I was so proud of myself. Later on Sophie joined us and we went to shop for some shoes and blouses for Sara who would be starting her days as a college student this coming May.

We got home exhausted and a little sick (due to the haze). I suddenly developed a sore throat and a blocked nose. Today, both of them are with me and we stayed indoor throughout the day.

Okay, that's all for today. My body is getting weaker with the flu and I am ready for bed. Till next time. Good night all wherever you are.

Rose
3rd.March '14




No comments:

Post a Comment