Blogger templates

Sunday 17 May 2015

A Food Blogger and A Failed Muffin Decorating

Hey people!

Happy Mother's Day to mothers all over the world! Are your children treating you right? Did they at least spend a few hours spoiling you on this special day for us?

As for me, I don't usually celebrate it as I don't see any need for my children to shower me with gifts and exaggerated love for this day only. I want their love and attention all the time. Period.
But a week ago (8th.May), I got a pleasant surprise when a local radio station called Sara's cell phone. Her phone was with me. Don't ask why I took Sara's phone and where is my phone. Just focus on my story. Okay let's get on with it. I picked up the phone and at the same time wondering who could it be. The caller asked to speak to Sara and I told her Sara was not available and asked the caller what is it regarding. She said it's regarding the contest that Sara sent in, a mother's day contest. And she continued to say that Sara has made it to semi final.

Wow! Talk about luck. I got home later on and told Sara to standby because the lady was about to call her again. Later on when Sara got the chance to speak to her, she requested for both of us to present ourselves at one shopping mall in the city for a mini chiffon cake decorating. The hitz.fm radio station was collaborating with a bread company called Massimo.

Okay, now come the hard part. I am sure many of you have known me as a feature writer in my blog. Having said that, I am also also a food blogger, even though I only write in Malay language. My issue is my food blog is filled with local cuisine of which I am good at. But I was never a master in bakery, cake baking or cookies. (I will only upload recipes of cakes and cookies if my son, Ariff is around to help me out as he is a chef de partie at a hotel in Langkawi).

Thus, when we were required to attend ourselves at the shopping mall yesterday at 11:00am to compete against 4 other couples to decorate a mini chiffon cake, I or rather we were slightly daunted. Do you people know why? Because between the three of us girls at home, only Sophie is feminine. She is the one who loves flowers, the one who'd go ga-ga over a new pair of shoes or things like that. That is why I truly believe she'd be better to enter this type of competition. But we can't send Sophie there simply because Sara is the one who entered the competition and since it's for mothers, then I definitely had to be there! Alas, worry not because the two of us had put up a brave face and did ourselves proud when we managed to decorate the little cakes and completed about 9 pieces in the 30 minutes frame.

Taa daa! See the picture above? That's our version of muffin decorating. Any chefs out there brave enough to compete against us?
Even I cringed at the sight of our creation.

Among all the contestants, I would say ours was the least attractive. But we were happy with ourselves. The other 4 couples did well too, well, they were not that outstanding either but theirs were definitely prettier than ours.

 We had great fun that day and on top of that we managed to bring home a one thousand ringgit, a hamper and a bag filled with mini chiffon cakes.

So, once again mothers, happy mother's day and have fun wherever you are! And by the way, today is my birthday. I am officially 52 this year. Pray for me for the best people and thank you for always being my readers.

Rose
17th.May '15

No comments:

Post a Comment