Blogger templates

Sunday 26 April 2015

I Am Sweet But....

Hello my dear readers,

Last Tuesday (21st.Apr) I sent Sophie to her office. Like I said before, if I were to drive using the highway, I  most probably got stuck in the traffic congestion for more than 45 minutes. So, to avoid that terrible congestion,I usually use the trunk road. Slightly further but acceptable. What I can't accept to this day is, the way the drivers behave. Oh God! They're like a bunch of hooligans ready to pick a fight with anybody who is bold enough to question their way of driving.

Since most of the morning I will be sending Sophie to her working place, I had to face these dreadful people and they never failed to bring out the monstrous side of me. With Sophie next to me, we normally start our morning with full enthusiasm, talking animatedly about almost everything until one of these idiots began to spoil our beautiful morning. When that happened, I immediately lost my sweetness. I became aggressive and my mouth is now at par with any truck drivers outside there. That Tuesday morning, one reckless driver zig-zagging in and out my lane and gave me a look that annoyed me like hell. I said to Sophie, "You know what, if only I am your age at this moment, I would wind down the window and show him one of those signs. I know a few of those signs you know, but thinking that I am in my golden years, I had to refrain and be a good citizen hence a noble grandma." I said to her while making suggestion what I am capable of. Sophie laughed so hard that she had problem to stop laughing. At least her sense of humour was still intact! Just for the record, I wouldn't dare to curse or use some vulgar words when Sara is around!

So, you see, I am actually sweet but people turned me into an ugly person. I treat people nice and I expect the same in return.

So how do you rate yourself as a person? Interesting? Bold? A go-getter? Bitchy? None of the above?
Whoever or whatever we are, deep down at the core of our hearts, we still have something in common, that is the feeling of love. One can be a murderer or a villain or a robber but the feeling of love is in everybody's heart. That's what makes us human. Deny all you want, but that's who we are.
What differs us is how we dealt with that emotion and transform it into something beautiful.

I have a lot of love within me and a lot of respect for others as well but I failed to keep my cool when confronted with rude, impatient, self centred and annoying people. Suddenly my temper will flare up to maximum limit and I became a totally different person.
You think I am being overly sensitive? No, don't judge me yet! Let's see, okay, here's a situation. You were already on a long queue in a busy street. Your tummy was giving an excruciating sign that says you HAD to be in the john immediately. The light turned green and you quickly shifted your gear to "D". Suddenly out of nowhere one special moron came from nowhere and tried squeezing in his way onto your lane. In a matter of a few more seconds the light will turn red.
What would you do? Would you smile graciously at him and let him in without any cursing sentence coming out from your mouth? I very much doubt so. You could very well curse that fella worse than I did, for all we know. Hah...admit it. You guys are the same as I am. (It makes me feel much better if you guys were behaving the same as I do)

Many a time, I tried to be a sweet,gentle and graceful elderly woman but each time something will come up that triggered the anger that I wish I didn't have to display. There was a case when we had just gotten a new car. The very next day the car engine went dead while on the road. It is a brand new car, mind you! After the third engine failure (within 3 days), we sent back the car to the manufacturer. To cut the long story short, they kept the car for one and a half month. What makes me went berserk was that nobody from the manufacturer called and advise us what was going on and what can be done to solve our problem. Instead I am the one who kept calling and asking for update about the car. One fine day, I guess I had had enough of being nice and polite that I stormed in right into their head quarters and demand to see their director. I was near to screaming when they sent a young customer service girl to attend to me. I threatened to sit on the floor and will not budge until I see someone with authority. They finally sent someone out to see me and the matter was solved even though not entirely.

My girl friend who accompanied me there said to me, "You're not an easy person to please, aren't you? If it's were me, I would have give in and talked to the young girl they sent."
I said to her, it's not me who is difficult to please, it's them who didn't do their job. They can easily win my heart if only any one of them pick up the phone and update me every now and then. That's all I am asking but none of them did that. And if I were to speak to that girl, what good does it do to me? She doesn't have any authority regarding the matter that I wish to discuss."

For the record, I am the easiest person to please. Anybody could just come up to me and smile and I'd go gaga over that little smile. I am soft spoken and I don't judge people for whoever they are and I have a lot of respect for everybody. That being said, I want people to have a little respect for me as well. I don't go around blowing my top off frequently. It only happened when I feel I am being cheated or being mistreated.
And I've never, not even once use harsh and abusive words towards any of my children. Not even the word idiot towards them. I don't believe in demoralizing them in order to make them a better person. And I am glad I raised them the way I did because I swear I am the luckiest mom to have these four children bestowed upon me. They had been nothing except precious jewels to me and that they will shine within me eternally.

That's all for today folks...Have a pleasant week ahead and stay healthy.

Rose,
26th.April '15
(16:53hrs)



1 comment:

  1. hahahaha yaya baru perasan this post todayy. xDD mcm mana boleh miss :0

    ReplyDelete