Blogger templates

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Are We Friends Yet?


Hello people,

How's life getting along with you guys? Not good? You think people around you wasn't who they truly were? Does that shock you?

Sometimes it took us years to realise the person we thought we knew  inside out turned out not the way we thought they were. It hurts. It wouldn't count if that person was just an acquaintance or someone we got to know along the way. But when it involved a person/persons that was close and a tight buddy of ours, we felt betrayed. How could he/she did that to me? We thought. How could they talked about me behind my back and the next minute include me in within their group. For all we know, they could be talking about us the next time we're not around.

Well ladies, that's what life is all about. I remember when I was young, my grandma would sometime cooked something special (she was a good cook by the way). She would call me and made me be her runner to distribute some of that good food to her neighbours. As a young child, I was always greedy, so I said to her, " Why are you giving so much to them? Just send to one of the houses will do." She would chide me gently, "When we have something extra on our table, it's good if we can share with others. There's nothing wrong of being nice to others. And who knows,someday when we are running out of food, somebody would be kind enough to hand us a plate of rice."
Of course I didn't agree with her back then. And back then, in the early 70's food were scarce at times. Everybody worked hard for their money but that didn't make them bitter and callous.
Everybody knew one another and helped each other like they were a close knitted family. One can even sleep with the windows opened.

Today, we are considered lucky to have a neighbour like that, and even luckier to have a friend who'd do anything for us. Well not everything but almost. I for one, are still looking for a true friend.

We may never know for certain if someone we regard as friend, has the same thought for us.
Actually, none of us knew what the next person really think of us. We may have done something unintentionally, and quickly realised that it was wrong. So we asked a friend, "Was I being overboard just now?" She/He would have smiled down at  us and said, "No, it's okay, you didn't mean it." We, of course, felt relieved. What we don't know is what's actually inside her/his mind.

Why does people become nasty these days? They lied, they cheat and they'd do anything to justify whatever the wrong doings they did. Actually, it's in us. Each and everyone of us has these traits. It's how we control ourselves. What I'd do to curb that hideous behaviour is I bring myself nearer to my God, Allah and I always think of my family. What if my family were treated badly or what if someone was telling stories about my family. That would surely make me mad. That's one way of looking at things and that usually kept me away from being a nasty person. Oh yes, I can be a nasty person too if I am being taunted but I've toned down. I have become a good and nice mom. :)

So, how to find a true friend. Believe me, it isn't and was never easy to find a true friend. Yes, we may have hundreds of friends everywhere but can we really call them friends? You can put them to a test. For instance, call them up and say you need him/her to pick you up from the airport. The next time call him/her again and said you're in deep trouble and needed to borrow some money. The third time call him/her and say you're looking for a place  to stay for a couple of nights since you're having trouble with your parents or spouse.
If he/she agreed wholeheartedly or there's a trace of sincerity in his/her voice, (one can hear from the tone of the voice), then I'd say you have found yourself a true friend. But if you think you detect a slight hesitation in his/her voice (in at least two out of the three calls you made), or a direct refusal from him/her, then you know the answer to that.
No, no, don't get me wrong. Don't just ditch your friends because of that calls. If you do that, then you'll lose more friends than gaining them.
Stay in touch with them, we need friends after all. These type of friends are needed to keep us company and having some fun. Without these type of friends we'd be lost and lonely. In the meantime keep a lookout for a true friend. I am sure, someday, someone, somewhere, will be right there waiting for you to be his/her friend.

Just like me, I hope one fine day I'll be blessed with a true friend.

My penning stops now. See you guys soon in my next entry. Until then. Be nice and stay safe everybody.

Lots of Love,
Rose
11th.June '14




1 comment:

  1. fabolous thought.hope we both found a true friend. stay awesome :)

    ReplyDelete